PSI Tennessee BC-A, b (sm)-Combined-Residential/Small Commercial Contractor Book Package
Tennessee BC-A, b (sm)-Combined-Residential/Small Commercial Contractor Book Package includes the following books:
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- International Building Code, 2012
- International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings, 2018
- Code of Federal Regulations - 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA)
- Carpentry and Building Construction, 2016 (Student Edition)
- The Contractor's Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, 4th Ed.
- Roofing Construction and Estimating
- Modern Masonry - Brick, Block, Stone, 9th Ed.
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting, Dave Roberts, 2011
- Gypsum Construction Handbook, 7th edition, 2014
- Technical Digest No. 9 – Handling and Erection of Steel Joists and Joist Girders, 3rd Edition, 2008
- SDI Manual of Construction with Steel Deck, 3rd Ed.
- ACI 530/530.1-13 Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures and Companion Commentaries (2013)
- ACI 318-14 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary (2014)
The exam consists of 100 questions and you get 300 minutes to complete the test. the minimum required passing score is 73%.
The reference material listed below was used to prepare the questions for this examination. The examination may also contain questions based on trade knowledge or general industry practices. Except for Code books, you can base your answers on later editions of references as they become available. For Code questions, the examinations will be based only on the edition of the Code book that is listed.
Candidates may use a silent, nonprinting, non-programmable calculator in the examination center. Candidates may also use a construction calculator.
This examination is OPEN BOOK.
Candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined, and/or indexed prior to the examination session. However, references may not be written in. Any candidate caught writing in the references during the examination will be reported to the Board. Furthermore, candidates are not permitted to bring in any additional papers (loose or attached) with their approved references. References may be tabbed/indexed with permanent tabs only. Temporary tabs, such as Post-It notes, are not allowed and must be removed from the reference before the exam will begin. Scratch paper will be provided for calculations. Candidates will NOT be permitted to remove from the examination room ANY material that has been written on. (This would include books).