PSI Tennessee BC-b-Small Commercial Contractor Certification Package
This examination is OPEN BOOK. The following books are included in this package and are allowed in the examination center:
- International Building Code, 2012
- The Contractor's Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, 4th Ed.
- Code of Federal Regulations - 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA)
- Roofing Construction and Estimating
- Modern Masonry - Brick, Block, Stone, 9th Edition
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
- Gypsum Construction Handbook, 7th edition, 2014
- Technical Digest No. 9 – Handling and Erection of Steel Joists and Joist Girders, 3rd Edition, 2008
- SDI Manual of Construction with Steel Deck, 3rd. Ed.
- Carpentry and Building Construction, 2010 or 2016 (Student Edition)
- ACI 530/530.1-11 or ACI 530/530.1-13 (2011 or 2013)
- ACI 318-11 or ACI 318-14 (2011 or 2014)
The exam consists of 100 question and you get 300 minutes to complete the test. the minimum passing score is 73%.
The reference material listed above was used to prepare the questions for this examination. The examination may also contain questions based on trade knowledge or general industry practices. Except for Code books, you can base your answers on later editions of references as they become available. For Code questions, the examinations will be based only on the edition of the Code book that is listed. Candidates may use a silent, nonprinting, non-programmable calculator in the examination center.
Candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined, and/or indexed prior to the examination session. However, references may not be written in. Any candidate caught writing in the references during the examination will be reported to the Board. Furthermore, candidates are not permitted to bring in any additional papers (loose or attached) with their approved references. References may be tabbed/indexed with permanent tabs only. Temporary tabs, such as Post-It notes, are not allowed and must be removed from the reference before the exam will begin. Scratch paper will be provided for calculations. Candidates will NOT be permitted to remove from the examination room ANY material that has been written on. (This would include books).